Jul 16, 2011

Oola

Okay...what the hell is an Oola? She was Jabba the Hutt's green slave girl, the one that got eaten by the Rancor monster and had to be replaced by Princess Leia. I always liked this character, the actress had a very beautiful, expressive African face, and seemed somehow related to Bib Fortuna. Unfortunately, she had a very quick and tragic end. I've always thought Lucas threw her in only as a piece of ass and then threw her away just as quick. Not cool.

Why am I writing about this? I'm working on my 2012 calendar. You know, the one with all SCI-FI BABES instead of random portfolio crap. I want a month of Oola. Here's some sketches:


Oola-la...

2 comments:

Fitzzz said...

You can never have enough "Oola" in ones post, Nice job on the film poster Derek, looking forward to the new Calendar.

Anonymous said...

I always thought they got away with a deviant scene and then felt guilty they put it in there and then made the rest of the movie into a G movie. Of course, they had to get rid of the evidence, ie. disposing of character.